Tuesday, January 19, 2010

When the going gets tough...

the tough call Mom!

Last week, the kids got sick, then better, then I got sick. So sick that I needed my mom!
Luckily, I am blessed to have a wonderful mother who is willing and able to come help take care of her grandbabies when her baby was sick.
The kids were thrilled beyond belief... we see my parents every week, but you'd have thought it had been months since they had seen her!
She came, and immediately started cleaning... which wasn't what I had planned for her, but she insisted... and did loads of laundry and played with the munchkins and then to top it off treated them to Wendy's!
(a picture from the archives with a teeny Meg!)
I couldn't ask for a better mother. We have always been close, even those darn teenager years weren't too terrible for us... she may not necessarily agree. I am so blessed. I love you mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great mom! She has great hair. I always say that women with hair like that look "expensive". :-)

Jeanne Oliver said...

You are so lucky to have your mom close....My mom and dad are 15 hours away:-)