Saturday, January 2, 2010

In one word...

Just like dieting, I have never been a resolutions type of person.

I find that kind of funny because I love lists, so you'd think I would love to add another list to my repertoire, but alas, I do not make a New Year's resolution list.

I have noticed a few other bloggers choosing one word resolutions, you know, something like, simplicity or patience, discipline or intentional.

I thought it was a fun idea, but the more I thought about it, the more difficult it seemed to narrow an entire years worth of goals into one word.

No big deal really, since I'm not a resolution type girl.

Throughout the day of New Years Eve, I couldn't stop thinking of words that would tie together what I hope to achieve this upcoming year.
Some words seemed to cliche or predictable and some just too... something.

Finally, I thought of a word.

Health
I would be lying if I said that losing a couple of pounds isn't where the word originated, but the more I thought about it, there were more and more ways that this word seemed to fit.

Yes, I would like to be more fit but not just to fit into a certain size, but to be healthy... to feel healthy... to set a healthy example for my kids.

I want to start adding more homemade foods to our dinners again.

I want to keep the relationships in my life healthy, by being a better wife and mother, friend and sister. I have been blessed with wonderful people in my life and I want them to know how much I love and appreciate them.

I want a healthier home. I can't promise that Pine-Sol will not be my bathroom cleaner of choice, but I know there are more kid/environmentally cleaners out there that I am going to check into.

I think there is always room for self improvement. I would like to focus on my emotional and spiritual health as well.

Please understand. This is not about becoming someone I am not or making drastic changes in my or my families life for a few weeks making everyone is miserable in the process.

This is about me asking myself;
is this good for me?
is this good for the kids and Mark?
how will we benefit from this?
is there a better alternative?
is this necessary?

So many questions...
Luckily, I'm not a resolution type of girl.

No comments: