Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Best Ever Banana Bread

I love when we have over ripe bananas. It isn't very often, so when I see a bunch turning dark brown, I know exactly what I am going to do with them!

I have tried many versions of many recipes but once I find an unbelievably good one, I will make it repeatedly. This recipe for banana bread is one of those recipes, it's from Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros, it is a gorgeous book.
I think the reason they are so tasty has to do with the warm milk mixed with baking soda before adding it to the rest of the ingredients. They are so light and fluffy! I'm no chemistry buff, but that's the only thing I can think of that is different from other recipes I've tried. I do add flax seed and walnuts or a few mini chocolate chips, but for the most part I follow her instructions!

Can you tell I have made this bread a few times?

I can't bake alone!

Nothing goes better with Banana "cupcakes" than ice cold milk... especially out of mommy's glass!
I think the first time I ever tried cream cheese was on banana bread... mmmmm.
After cleaning up... I spotted this bitten into apple, placed just so, back into the fruit bowl! Nice.

No comments: